The local country feed store has long been a part of the New England tradition. Visiting your local feed store has always involved more than just purchasing grain and provisions, it has been a place to catch up on the latest gossip, connect with the community, and exchange ideas. The folks at West Lebanon Feed & Supply believe that here in the heart of the Upper Valley, those traditions and the values that accompany them are alive and well. While our new facility offers state-of-the-art function, it is truly good old-fashioned service, integrity, and the long-standing trust of our customers that drives us.
While many of the details of West Lebanon Feed & Supply's history have been lost, we have pieced together some of the interesting facts and listed them below.
• 1926 - Early records indicate business started as Sunshine Feeds
• UNKNOWN - Store is purchased by Wayne Feeds
• 1968 - Clint Stanley manages Wayne Feed Store
• 1971 - Store owned by Clint Stanley becomes a Blue Seal dealer
• 1971 - Store officially becomes known as West Lebanon Supply, Inc.
• 1984 - Al Stanley purchases the store
• 1995 - Curt & Sharon Jacques purchase the store
• 1996 - Arson fire destroys the small warehouse and causes extensive damage to the main warehouse
• 1998 - West Lebanon "Feed &" Supply (WLFS) rebuilds and opens a 4,800 square-foot warehouse
• 2007 - WLFS opens the new 20,000 square-foot “Animal Well-Care Center”
• 2007 - Store named Lebanon, NH “Business of the Year” by GLACC
• 2009 - Store named Grafton County “Business of the Year” by GCEDC
• 2010 - Clean Paws Full-Service Grooming opens at Animal Well-Care Center
• 2010 - Store receives “NH Business Excellence in Retail” Award from NHBR
• 2012 - Global Pet Expo (the world’s largest pet-industry expo) presents WLFS with the “Retailer Excellence in Community Service” award
• 2012 - Store named “NH Retail/Wholesale Business of the Year” by Business NH Magazine/NHACCE
• 2012 - Store achieves the prestigious S.H.A.R.P. (Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program) designation by OSHA
• 2013 - Global Pet Expopresents WLFS with the “Best Overall Retailer” award
• 2013 - SuperZoo/Pet Product News International names WLFS the 2013-2014 national “Retailer of the Year”